||Diploma in Computer Science from the University of Kaiserslautern
||PhD (Dr.-Ing.) in Computer Science from the University of Kaiserslautern
|1993 – 1995
||Post-doctoral Researcher at the IBM Almaden Research Center and the IBM Database Technology Institute, San Jose, California
|1995 – 1996
||Software Engineer at IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH, B÷blingen Lab
|1996 – 2002
||Senior Software Engineer and Manager, Database Standards at the IBM Silicon Valley Lab, San JosÚ, California
||Professor (C3), University of Kaiserslautern
||Visiting scientist at IBM Almaden Research Center, San JosÚ, California
Stefan De▀loch is a professor at the University of Kaiserslautern, Germany, where he is heading the research group Heterogeneous Information Systems. Until 2002, he was a database architect at the IBM Database Technology Institute in San Jose, California, where he conducted projects in the areas of information integration architecture and programming models, database & application server integration, and object-relational database extensions, whose outcome helped to shape database-related standards, directly contributed to IBM's product directions and implementations, and resulted in a number of patents. From 2001 to 2002, as a manager, he was responsible for IBM's database-related standardization efforts in the areas of SQL, XML, and Java.
Major areas of interest include
- information integration,
- (DB-) middleware technologies,
- databases and the web,
- XML and databases,
- database and application server integration,
- extensible and object-relational DBMS.
Ongoing research projects are described in our projects section.
Additional Activities, Responsibilities, and Memberships
- Editorial board member of the "Int. Journal of Web Services Research (JWSR)", Idea Group Publishing/Information Science Publishing.
- Electronic proceedings chair and co-editor of the ACM SIGMOD 2004 conference.
- Held tutorials on database standards at BTW Datenbank Tutorientage in 2005, 2001, 1999.
- Program committee and organisation committee member of numerous national and international conferences.
- Head of the PhD Study Program, Dept. of Computer Science.
- Member of ACM SIGMOD and the German Informatics Society (GI).
A list of issued patents and published patent applications can be found at the US Patent and Trademark Office web site.